Monday, October 27, 2008

10 Tips for Losing 100 Pounds

I found this article on WebMD, and it's very insightful. I'm placing the bare-bones list here below, but I highly recommend you click the headline above and read the full story, which features comments not only from doctors, but also from people who've lost more than 100 pounds themselves.

As for my personal opinions on the tips, I strongly recommend #8. Talking to people who are a healthy weight and asking them questions can be a big help.

Here's the list:
  1. Shrink Yourself: Analyze the Payoff You Get from Excess Weight
  2. Assess Your Readiness
  3. Consider the Options
  4. Build in Accountability
  5. Adjust Your Expectations
  6. Develop a Healthy Selfishness
  7. Fat Proof Your Environment
  8. Pick the Brains of Healthy-Weight People
  9. Find Your Secret Weapons
  10. Reward your Success -- in the Right Way
© 2008 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.

No comments: